Detoxification or natural detox refers to the process of removing the toxic substances from one’s system. Within the purview of conventional Medical Science, physicians believed that detoxification could be achieved with the help of artificial techniques like chelation therapy and dilation. The later was applicable only for a very few restricted number of cases. In fact there are a number of solid scientific proofs available in reason-based medicine which backs this kind of a detoxification process.
On the other hand, detoxification can also refer to a particular period of withdrawal when an individual initiates his or her body to return to the prior state of homeostasis after a prolonged period of substance consumption and substance addiction.
Other than these, contemporary medical practice has also introduced a number of new methods of detoxification like “detoxification diets”. However, not many advantages have been reported of this method.
Different kinds of body detoxification
Following is a list of the various kinds of body detoxification processes that are possible.
- Alcohol Detoxification: This is a process using which the body system of a heavy drinker is brought back to the normal state after years of alcohol abuse on a continuous basis. But following the process of alcohol detoxification proper medical treatments become absolutely necessary in order to do away with the underlying cause that led to the addiction and abuse in the first place.
- Drug Detoxification: This is a particular process of detoxification that is used in order to bring about a reduction or total relief to the symptoms of drug addiction at the same time helping the individual to live comfortably without the consumption of drugs. Drug detoxification is just the first stage to the entire process of treatment of drug abuse.
- Metabolic detoxification: All organisms produce harmful organic wastes within their system. These get accumulated over an extended period of time in the form of toxins. It is very necessary to remove these toxins from the body through a process of oxidation, conjugation followed by excretion from all the cells and tissues.
Benefits of Body Detoxification
Detoxification or body cleanse is a simple idea that aims at the goal of reducing the accumulated toxins in the body thereby lessening the burden of the organs that are supposed to carry out overall detoxification in the body. Detoxification also aims at promoting healthy eating habits and use of proper nutrition and supplements to help the body do away with the toxins a lot faster which paces up the overall detoxification process as well.
Here’s a list of the various advantages of body detoxification,
- As you cleanse your body through body detoxification it helps improve the overall performance and functioning of the immune system.
- Detoxification initiates a scavenging process that eliminates the toxins and free radicals from the system.
- Detoxification plays a very significant role in enabling the body to fight against any chances of cancer as it initiates the growth of healthy cells in the body.
- Body detoxification and body cleanse helps flush with any congestion, fermentation, mucous, and inflammation in the esophagus.
- Body detoxification helps purify blood.
- Body cleanse or detoxification also helps us get rid of stubborn addictions like salt, high glycemic carbohydrates, sugar, junk foods, nicotine, alcohol, etc.
In fact, what is evident from the above mentioned list is that detoxification is a process that helps heal the body in all sorts of ways making it stronger after a vivid process of body cleanse. Detoxification also prepares the body giving it added strength to excrete out all the accumulated wastes and toxins from the body which often lead to inflammation, congestion and damage.
Detoxification helps fight Stimulants
Though stimulants tend to initiate an apparent pleasure yet they are unable to give the body what it actually requires. In fact true stimulation can actually be obtained only through natural substances and natural food materials. This is in fact the only natural way to stay healthy and feel good. Detoxification helps do away with the effects of stimulants which only give phony pleasure.
Detoxification and especially detoxification diets comprising of fruits, is a natural detox process that helps the body in disposing all the waste materials and toxic elements that gather around in the body due to the intake and consumption of stimulants or pollution.
Some of the common stimulants that we tend to consume on a daily basis without much notice are the refined white sugar, diet pills, coffee, spices, cigarettes, red meat, drugs, etc.
On stopping the intake of these stimulants it is obvious that the body will undergo an instantaneous loss of energy, along with sickness, depression and frequent headache. But these are only initial symptoms which will slowly fade away as you move on with the process of body detoxification in order to cleanse your body.