A good night’s sleep is essential in order to keep your life run normally. It is the key to a more fulfilled and peaceful life. Those who do not get the right amount of sleep often feel restless, irritable and they are more prone to fall sick. Getting 8 to 9 hours of sleep everyday not only helps you to lead a healthy life but it also improves your immunity system and digestive system. Even researches show that sleep increases the lifespan of a person. While a person is sleeping many of our major organs and regulatory systems carry out their activities radically or in other words our body gains back the lost energy that is used up in our mundane activities.
Improper sleep not only makes your body feel sluggish but it also results in weight gain, poor concentration, weak digestive system. Sleep is the time when the brain recharges itself due to the daily wear and tear it faces. While you sleep, the brain gets the chance to recognize things, finds answers, process new information, and organizes itself for the later. Sleeping also gives rest to the heart and lungs. It helps the body to repair muscles and tissues and replace chemicals. It has a curing effect which recharges and rejuvenates your body. When you sleep, you are actually conserving energy in your body which keeps you up for the entire day.
Sleeplessness can make you feel wobbly, muzzy and a bit slow. This would definitely slow down all your daily routine and you won’t be able to work at the same pace. If this habit of sleeplessness becomes chronic, even more problems queue at your doorstep. Eventually you will feel that all your hard work is going nowhere and your ability to perform is diminishing day by day. Frequent mood swings, sluggishness, forgetfulness, lack of concentration will all hover on you. This is not it; all these symptoms will finally land you up to severe depression.
There’s no need to panic for all this, just follow the simple tips to improve your sleep:
- The first and foremost thing to have a good sleep is to shun off all your worries. Do not let any of those bad thoughts come to your mind. Free yourself from all the tensions and stress.
- Take a warm bath before you go sleeping, this will make you feel good.
- Do not take any medicines before going to the bed. Taking any medicines or alcohol will only worsen your sleep.
- Exercise regularly to have a good sleep. Also indulge in any sort of physical activities so that your body gets some workout.
- Do not involve in any physical activities just before going to the bed. This would only hamper your sleep.
- Use dim lights in your bedroom, bright lights only affect your mood.
- Do not drink tea or coffee before going to bed. Coffee contains caffeine which disrupts you sleep.
- Cut out the habit of night time snacking as the digestion process still remains on, forcing your body to stay awake.
- You can try some aroma-therapy prior to going bed.
- Eliminate the habit of sleeping during the day-time.
Just try out these simple yet helpful tricks to counter your problem of sleeplessness. If the problem still persists, then it’s the time to consult a doctor.