Many times in our life we feel low and worn out. Sadness shows on our faces and even reflects in the work that we do and our behavior. If this low feeling is continuously making you unable to do anything, the problem that you are suffering from is Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD. There was a time when people used to relate sadness to the seasons and used to believe that the mood changes with seasons. Sadness is a common thing that we get to see and there is hardly any person who has not experienced sadness in his life. There are a lot of ways that you can take up to get rid of your sadness. Here are some of the tips that you can make use of.
- The first thing to be done is to take a walk in the morning. The fresh air has a positive effect on your body and this is why you can try sitting by the window or taking a stroll at wee hours of the morning.
- Do not consume more caffeine or alcohol. Some people think that consuming coffee or other caffeine rich substances will get them rid of the anxiety or sadness they are experiencing. These things can offer temporary relief but there are side effects of these things that are much more than the benefits. Alcohol is considered to be a depressant and if you have depression already, alcohol can even increase it. You should thus remain away from such substances.
- Exercising regularly is also one of the ways to stay away from sadness. When you are sad, you should try on things that eat up your time and divert your thoughts. If you do not feel like exercising and need something good, you can take your lunch outside and enjoy something you love eating. The morning light and air is good for you but if it is not possible for you to go out in the morning, the afternoons can be turned good.
- While you are eating out, taking foods rich in Trytophan, which is an amino acid, will be a good choice. When you are sad, there is a lack of serotonin in your body and this amino acid helps in its production. Some of the foods that you can take are milk, turkey and egg white.
- When you have tried all the methods to relieve yourself from sadness and all the attempts fail, you need to know that it is time you should seek professional help.